Wednesday 28 September 2011

IMATS Vancouver 2011. Makeup Artist Magazine. Wowza.

A little while ago, when I was still living in Vancouver, I submitted 9 photos in hopes to take part in IMATS Beauty & Fantasy competition 2011. For those of you who perhaps were either there or know me, I was very fortunate to be chosen as one of the 8 competitors. 



I was blown away with the opportunity and was over the moon to take part. The theme was tribal and quickly I started sketching and testing out ideas. The day arrived, and we had 2 hours to complete our makeup. Every single person did such a fantastic job, I was in awe of the creativity that surrounded me. 

After all was said and done I was completely happy with how my makeup had turned out, but was incredibly nervous to be judged. I was very fortunate to have an amazing group of friends, pass teachers and supporters there cheering me on. 

As it would turn out I took 2nd place! Such a shock and one heck of a moment for me as a makeup artist. It was a whirlwind for sure. 

Below are some before & after snapshots of my amazing model, Emily (who at the time was also one of my amazing roommates) and I. 










 I still can barely believe it. Though that day in July seems a little far away now, that moment is recognized in this month's issue of Makeup Artist Magazine





Definitely an amazing day to remember. I had a blast doing what I absolutely love, makeup. Thank you so much for the opportunity to take part! 


Love Life. Love Makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment